There are lots of cafe's and restaurants in Freo, here are our favourites:
- Bengal Restaurant: The Bengal has been serving the finest Indian cuisine for the past 25 years. Located in the historic Old Firestation in Fremantle's west end. Guests get curries at special backpacker prices out the back.
- Roma Restaurant: Just around the corner from the Old Firestation, the Roma has been serving traditional Italian food for 50 years. Cheap and cheerful and the fillet mignon is delicious!
- Pizza Bellaroma: The queues outside at weekends indicate its popularity. Good pizza's and mussels with generous portion sizes. Located on Cappucino strip.
- Madonna's: Yummy pizza and pasta, next door to Pizza Bellaroma, very nice decor, well worth a visit.
- Taka's Kitchen: Located in The Old Shanghai foodhall opposite the Fremantle Markets, delicious fresh food, super cheap, open Wednesday to Sunday till 8.30pm. Where the locals go. Highly recommended!
- Slam Kitchen: Located in The Old Shanghai opposite the markets, offers nice, affordable Thai food.
- The Sala Kitchen: Delicious Thai food in a beautiful restaurant, great service- recommended.
- Joy Kitchen: Delivering consistently yummy chinese food and excellent service, the second best chinese in Perth and number one in Freo!
- Kailis' Fish Market: Multi award winning tourist restaurant specialising in delicious fresh seafood.
- Cicerellos: Huge tanks full of exotic and colourful fish, open fire through winter, excellent fish, stunning views at sunset.
Browse for more information on eating out