- Top of our list is a trip to Rottnest Island! The ferry terminal is right behind the hostel, and we can book your ticket for you here. Bikes for hire on the island, or save your bum and get the hop on/hop off tourist bus that goes all over the island! Rotto is a little peice of paradise right here on our doorstep.Ferry info here.
- Do a candlelight Prison Tour- very good and a little scary!
- Visit the Fremantle Markets, try hot honey-roasted macadamia's and wash down with a beer in The Market Bar where buskers provide entertainment. Open Fri, Sat and Sun till 5pm. Fresh fruit 'n veg markets (very cheap after 4pm Sunday).
- Hire a scooter from Scoot Freo and take a trip around the town taking in the harbour, Cappuccino Strip, South beach, Monument Hill and more.
- Visit the Maritime Museum, interesting insight into the history of this busy Port City, beautiful building.
- ecome a wine connoisseur for a day with Justin from Big Sky Tours, as he takes you on a wine tour in the beautiful Swan Valley.
- Volleyball competitions down at Cottesloe beach- borrow our net anytime! If you prefer spectator sports, chillout on one of Australia's finest beaches (voted best talent spotting beach in Australia last year!).
- Surfing and kitesurfing are very popular around North Freo and Cottesloe- get some lessons with Wedge Island Surf Company.
- Jet ski at Coogee beach past South Freo- great fun!
- Shopping; those of you with an eye for fashion will love mooching through Freo's boutiques and markets. Fremantle is home to many clothes and jewellery designers. Check out Sublime, Eros, World of Wisdom, Hustle, Morrisson, Billie and Rose for a start! Take a break for a coffee at Gino's on Cappuccino Strip.